DuoSense® Active Pen & Multi Touch Product Family
N-trig's DuoSense® solution offers an integrated active pen and multi-touch system on a single chip. Implementing the DuoSense system-on-chip helps mobile device OEMs meet the demand for improved computing efficiency and productivity. Leveraging DuoSense, OEMs need to develop only a single digitizer (sensor and controller) instead of two, reducing R&D efforts and cost of ownership.
By adding active pen to multi-touch capabilities, DuoSense enhances the standard touch experience - creating an advanced solution that enables content creation, not just consumption. The DuoSense pen enables users to illustrate, calculate, manipulate text, or simply doodle in educational, business, or social environments. Moreover, the system's multi-touch capabilities simplify on-screen interaction - enhancing manipulation of images, objects and data.
The DuoSense digitizer can be implemented on screen sizes ranging from 4.5' to 15.6'', and in a wide range of form factors on mobile devices including handheld devices, tablets, netbooks, convertibles and desktop replacements. The system is ideal for education, business, and everyday communication contexts.
DuoSense Product Family Key Features & Benefits:
- Embedded active pen and multi-touch system on a single chip
- High precision and accuracy plus different tip materials provide "pen on paper" writing experience
- Built in advanced palm rejection
- Superb noise immunity, optimized for power supplies, fluorescent, RF, and other environmental noise
- Simultaneous 10-finger multi-touch and active pen
- 9.5mm, 8.0mm, 5.5mm pen diameter options
- Hover functionality to enable add-on applications
- Control panel to enable user touch and pen customization
N-trig DuoSense system is already shipping in volume for Windows 8 and Windows 7 products from leading OEMs, and has passed 100% of Win8 Logo certification for touch and pen, exceeding the OS' latency requirements.
To learn more about DuoSense and Windows 8 please click here.
The DuoSense system is already shipping in volume for leading OEMs utilizing Android Jellybean (JB) and Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS).