We are pleased to share our FAQ and hope it will provide more insight about our products and technology.
Mechanical / Sensor FAQ
What sensor/display types do N-trig support?
N-trig supports the following sensor/display types:
- PET-based: The ITO (Indium Tin Oxide) lines are placed on the PET layer of the sensor.
- Edge to Edge: The sensor's top surface (glass/plastic) continues all the way to the edge of the device (there is no bezel).
- Glass to Glass: Decorative elements are put on a glass layer instead of a PET layer, and that glass layer is attached directly to the sensor. The glass layer can be one of the following:
Gorilla Glass: Gorilla Glass is a special glass solution by Corning. This glass shield has exceptional damage resistance that helps protect touchscreen displays from scratches, drops, and bumps of everyday use.
Decorative Glass: Any type of decorative glass.
- One Glass Solution: The decorative elements and sensor are placed on a single layer of glass.
How is the digitizer mounted on the LCD?
There are two techniques for attaching the digitizer to the LCD.
- Air-bonding: the digitizer is attached using a double-sided adhesive.
- Direct bond: liquid optical glue is used between the two components.
What are the advantages/disadvantages of bonding to the LCD?
Optical bonding provides better optical performance and better mechanical properties. However, direct bonding does entail higher costs.
What are the minimum borders required on the sides of the digitizer?
This is dependent on the industrial design requirements. A variety of mechanical options are available.
Is it possible to do an edge to edge glass top surface with no bezel?
Yes, it can be done.
Can I use a metallic structure or bezel near the sensor?
Yes, you can.
What is the maximum glass thickness that N-trig integrates?
This is a matter of specific design.
Is there a maximum and minimum size supported by N-trig?
N-trig's technology is scalable from small form factors and upwards. Currently, we are focusing on screens sized between 4.5"-15.6" for mobile computing platforms.
Is the design asymmetrical or symmetrical, or can it be both?
This is dependent on the specific industrial design requirements.
Can the dimensions be customized for different form factors?
Yes, they can.
What are the x, y and z dimensions of a DuoSense® digitizer?
These are dependent upon the size of the digitizer. The dimensions are calculated according to the LCD bezel.
Is it possible to add anti-reflective, anti-glare, black print or other optical enhancements to the DuoSense digitizer?
Yes. A variety of coating options are available to best suit the system market requirements.