We are pleased to share our FAQ and hope it will provide more insight about our products and technology.
What is the DuoSense Pen?
The DuoSense Pen is an active pen that enables direct onscreen digital input. Utilizing inherent pen capabilities, the DuoSense pen complements DuoSense true multi-touch functionality for a more interactive and creative approach to computing that cannot be achieved by touch alone.
The pen functions just like a regular pen, and offers hovering capabilities that aid input precision, 256 distinct levels of pressure sensitivity, and utilizes palm rejection capabilities, and a rapid refresh rate to enable better accuracy. The DuoSense pen is customizable ID, including interchangeable tips and configurable side buttons.
What is multi-touch?
Multi-touch is the direct manipulation of items on a screen using two or more fingers that simultaneously touch the screen.
What is the difference between touch and multi-touch?
Touch refers to a single input using a single finger, and multi-touch involves the use of more than one finger simultaneously.
How many touch inputs can you support?
- Windows 8: Pen, touch, and full multi-touch for up to ten fingers, the maximum number of fingers is platform-dependent.
- Windows 7: Pen, touch, and full multi-touch for up to four fingers, the maximum number of fingers is platform-dependent.
- Windows XP Tablet: Pen, touch, and up to two-finger gestures.
- Android: Pen, touch, and full multi-touch for up to six fingers, the maximum number of fingers is platform-dependent for all Android operating systems (Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice-Cream Sandwich)
- Ubuntu Linux: Pen, touch, and full multi-touch for up to six fingers, the maximum number of fingers is platform-dependent.
Note: The new DuoSense Chipset supports multi-touch usage for 10 fingers.
Do you have patents for this technology?
We have full IP coverage and a large IP portfolio. Click here to view N-trig's full patent portfolio
Where are your production facilities?
We are a fabless company. Our production lines are in Asia: Taiwan, China, Japan and Korea.
What budiness modules does N-trig offer?
N-trig offers digitizers, controllers and chipsets.
What type of devices do you support?
N-trig supports handhelds, ultrabooks, notebooks, tablets and convertibles from between 4.5-15.6".
What is your chipset offering?
- DS-P404/80/96 Single-Chip Solution: This new single-chip solution was recently added to the DuoSense product line. It is the first single-chip solution on the market to support both pen and multi-touch inputfor mobile computing, allowing for easier integration and flexibility in thinner and slimmer computing designs. It also offers the ability to support a chip-on-flex configuration, in which the chip is directly mounted and electronically connected to a flexible circuit, eliminating the need for a controller.
- DS-P4048: The DS-P4048 is optimized for handheld solutions with screen sizes of 5".
- DS-P4080: The DS-P4080 is optimized for Mini Tablets with screen sizes of upto 8".
- DS-P4096: The DS-P4096 is optimized for Tablets with screen sizes of up to 11" and can also be extended to support Ultrabooks, portable-PCs, and mobile computing devices with screen sizes of up to 15.6", using an additional DuoSense Analog-IC, the DS-A4016.
- DS-D4000 - The DS-D4000 is a Digital-IC together with multiple DS-A4016, is optimized for narrow designs in the Ultrabook and mobile computing device markets